Some of our frequently asked questions are below…
What documents are required to hire the vehicle?
- Your photo-card driving licence, along with a print out of your driver record.
- Proof of address/ID: e.g. council tax bill, bank statement and/or a utility bill, (gas or electric are fine, but not mobile phone). Please note that they MUST be originals, in your name as it appears on your driving licence and dated within 8 weeks from motorhome collection date.
- Credit or debit card in your name and registered to your home address for security deposit.
Are there any driver requirements?
- You will need to be aged between 25 and 79 at the time of the hire. We will consider drivers out with these parameters however each case is considered on an individual basis so therefore we would need you to contact us prior to making an on-line booking. Please note: you must have driven for a minimum period of 3 years.
- You must hold a full UK driving licence and have held a driving licence for more than a 3-year period.
- Any motoring accidents in last 3 years should be reported to us prior to booking.
- Maximum 6 points on a UK licence.
What if I break down?
What is not covered by the standard insurance?
- Damage to tyres and/or puncture repairs.
- Damage or theft to your own property.
- Damage to windows or windscreens.
- Damage caused to the vehicle above cab height (6 feet from the ground).
- Damage to the interior of the vehicle.
- Damage caused by a reversing manoeuvre.
- Damage to rear bumpers, rear light clusters.
- Damage to or caused by Bike Rack.
We have no objection, if you wish to purchase additional travel insurance, as you may be able to claim against it for the above exclusions, should the need arise.
What does the security deposit cover?
What do I do with my car while I’m on holiday?
Is there a minimum hire period?
Can I bring my pet?
Can I smoke in the motorhome?
What can I run on the leisure battery?
- When the motorhome is connected to a mains power supply, almost anything.
- When the motorhome is not connected to a mains power supply, all the equipment contained within the vehicle will work, i.e. hot water, central heating, fridge/freezer, lights and cooker. However, anything that requires 240v will not work, i.e. hairdryers, hair straighteners, toasters etc.