Some of our frequently asked questions are below…
What documents are required to hire the vehicle?
- Your photo-card driving licence – verification required.
- Proof of address/ID: e.g. Utility Bills (Electricity, Water, Gas, Broadband/Landline). Please note that they MUST be originals or PDF copies from your utility company, in your name as it appears on your driving licence and dated within 12 weeks from motorhome collection date.
- Credit or debit card in your name and registered to your home address for security deposit.
Are there any driver requirements?
- You will need to be aged between 25 and 79 at the time of the hire. We will consider drivers outside these parameters however each case is considered on an individual basis.
- You must hold a full UK driving licence and have held a driving licence for more than a 3-year period.
- Any motoring accidents in last 3 years should be reported to us prior to booking.
- Two, 3 point convictions are acceptable (ie 2xSP30’s, 3pts each) without referral. Single convictions totally 6 points+ will require referral unless otherwise specified.
- No more than one fault or outstanding incident/claim in the last three years.
What if I break down?
What is not covered by the standard insurance?
- Damage to tyres and/or puncture repairs.
- Damage or theft to your own property.
- Damage to windows or windscreens.
- Damage caused to the vehicle above cab height (6 feet from the ground).
- Damage to the interior of the vehicle.
- Damage caused by a reversing manoeuvre.
- Damage to rear bumpers, rear light clusters.
- Damage to or caused by Bike Rack.
We have no objection, if you wish to purchase additional travel insurance, as you may be able to claim against it for the above exclusions, should the need arise.
What does the security deposit cover?
What do I do with my car while I’m on holiday?
Is there a minimum hire period?
Can I bring my pet?
Can I smoke in the motorhome?
What can I run on the leisure battery?
- When the motorhome is connected to a mains power supply, almost anything.
- When the motorhome is not connected to a mains power supply, all the equipment contained within the vehicle will work, i.e. hot water, central heating, fridge/freezer, lights and cooker. However, anything that requires 240v will not work, i.e. hairdryers, hair straighteners, toasters etc.
Do your motorhomes have toilets and showers?
What if I run out of gas?
Are the motorhomes ok to use in winter?
Can I plug in my iPod/MP3?
Where can I store my bike?
How do I cook?
All our motorhomes have a 3 or a 2 burner gas hob, an oven and a fridge so cooking is similar to your own home kitchen.